Zucchini Noodle Ramen Bowl
Sauces & Soups
Zucchini Noodle Ramen Bowls
15 min prep, 20 min cook, 4 servings vegan
• 1 garlic clove, minced • 3 Tablespoons tamari
• 3 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced • 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
• 3-4 baby bok choy, about 1-2 cups chopped (save a few full leaves) • 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup grated carrots • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 2 Tablespoons white miso • 1 teaspoon maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon Chinese five spice • pinch of red pepper flakes
• ¼ – ½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes • 8 ounce package of Lightlife
• 32 ounces (4 cups) vegetable broth organic soy tempeh
• 2 cups water • 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil (for sautéing)
• 4 small SeaSnax nori sheets
• 3 zucchini, spiralized
• ½ Tablespoon tamari (if desired)
• 4 green onions, sliced
• 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
• Sriracha or chili garlic sauce, to taste
1. Make marinade by combining tamari, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a shallow container.
2. Cut tempeh into thin slices and add to the container with the marinade. Toss to coat tempeh and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
3. Once tempeh has marinated, add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add shiitake mushrooms and bok choy and sauté a bit longer, about 5 minutes.
5. Add carrots, miso, ginger, Chinese five spice, chili flakes, vegetable broth, and water into the pot and bring mixture to a boil. Heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add marinated tempeh, and any remaining marinade to the broth. Cook tempeh for 3 minutes on each side or until all pieces have turned brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. Divide zucchini noodles evenly among 4 bowls.
8. Once broth has simmered, add tamari if desired. Ladle broth evenly into each bowl. Arrange reserved bok choy leaves and nori sheet around edge of the bowls. Place a few slices of tempeh in each bowl. Top evenly with green onions and sesame seeds and serve immediately. Season with sriracha or chili garlic sauce, to taste.