Nicole’s Homemade Salsa
15 min, 8 servings vegan
• 3 to 4 tomatoes, chopped • ½ medium onion, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced • 1 small bunch of cilantro, chopped
• 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped • 1 to 2 limes, juiced
• Salt to taste • Late July chips
• Optional ingredients: mango, avocado, tomatillos, sweet corn, black beans
1. Mix the tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro & jalapeño in a large bowl and stir well.
2. Juice the limes into the mix, and add salt to taste. Add avocado, tomatillos, sweet corn, or beans. Alternately, prepare a second version using mango as a base.
3. Serve with chips.
4. Chef’s tip: prepare this salsa an hour ahead and let all those delicious flavors soak and mix.